As a health and fitness professional, it’s imperative to stay up-to-date on new research in the field. Perhaps more than any other field, the wellness industry is rife with products with over generalized, exaggerated or simply false claims.
Stress Management, like many other psychosocial interventions, has a wealth of empirical science that point providers towards the most effective interventions by examining moderating factors, special populations, and randomized-controls intervention trials. In order to help you build the skills of identifying, understanding, and analyzing research in your field, you will complete a “mini” research paper on a chosen stress management technique and create a plan for how you will implement this technique into your life.
Last week in your references assignment, you selected a stress management technique that you will complete for your intervention and collected peer-reviewed resources to include in this paper.
1. Technical Requirements:
• Paper should be consistent with APA format including title page, correct in-text citations, and reference page (no abstract is required). See overall formatting guidelines here: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
Other resources available in the Research Resources folder on BbLearn.
• Paper should make the use of properly formatted APA headings to separate each section of the paper
• Paper should be consistent with technical, professional writing standards and academic tone. See resources for this aspect of your writing here: § http://www.semo.edu/pdf/Writing_HowToHaveAnAcademicTone.pdf § http://mycourse.solent.ac.uk/pluginfile.php/3102/mod_book/chapter/11 64/Microsoft_Word_-_Academic_style_summary.pdf
• 3 peer-reviewed scientific journal articles relevant to your stress management technique and following guidelines for study selection in the References Assignment
• Paper should be at least 2 pages in length.
2. Paper Requirements:
• Paragraph 1- Introduction:
Identify and describe your chosen intervention technique. Explain your rationale for choosing this technique. Given that this is YOUR intervention you are completing the last three weeks of this course, it is acceptable to use “I” when introducing your selected stress management technique
• Paragraphs 2 and 3- Research:
Summarize each peer-reviewed scientific journal article you submitted in the references assignment. This should include identification of the major research question/hypothesis; outline of study methodology; summation of study results; review of findings discussion.
Direct quotations from sources are not acceptable- please put everything into your own words.
Helpful resource for reading scientific articles: http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~cainproj/courses/HowToReadSciArticle.pdf
• Paragraph 4- Intervention Plan:
Use the SMART goal format to develop a plan for your four-week implementation of the intervention (see calendar for dates of implementation).
Plan should include 2 quantitative measures of stress (Olpin & Hesson, chapter 2) to be utilized at a minimum at the start and end of the intervention as well as rationale for choice of measures.
Potential barriers should be identified and addressed. Your plan should incorporate your research (e.g., length of time for practice, particular style of exercise, etc.)
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.