In this Assignment, you are going to become photojournalists. Go into your community with a camera and gather evidence to create a Microsoft PowerPoint® presentation of progress (or lack of progress, if you wish) made toward the achievement of civil rights of these and other groups in society. Think about change in your community that is a result of a change in the rights now accorded to more and more diverse groups. Look at businesses, place names, neighborhoods, public facilities, parks, monuments, and other aspects of the built environment.
· Please read and follow the photojournalist protocol found in the DocSharing area before doing this Assignment.
· Be sure to include and fulfill the following objectives in your presentation.
· Your presentation makes a definitive statement about the social progress (or lack of social progress) that has been made in your community since the Civil Rights Movements of the 1960s.
· The photos are your own original work. The quality of your photos will not be assessed.
· Each slide supports or refutes the thesis that progress has been made in the community since the civil rights era of the 1960s.
Caution: Do not take pictures of children in public places or at schools. Photographing people is not recommended because it requires getting permission. Do not enter private property without permission from the landowner. If in doubt about the appropriateness of your proposed photo subject, consult your instructor.
Please take a look at the unit Assignment grading rubric in the course syllabus before you submit. Use it as a checklist to see if you have answered all the required Assignment questions and followed other requirements like the use of outside sources and APA formatting.
Your presentation should be between 4–8 slides with accompanying notes in the notes section and, in addition, one title slide and one references slide. This would add up to 6–10 slides total.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.