The purpose of this assignment is to develop comprehension of key concepts related to specific theoretical approaches to psychotherapy. Weekly papers provide an opportunity for students to apply critical thinking skills and to develop a deeper understanding of the similarities and differences among varying approaches to psychotherapy.
1. Students will be able to define ethical responsibilities in establishing the therapeutic relationship, and will be able to articulate the importance of maintaining boundaries and remaining focused on clear goals and objectives during the therapeutic process.
2. Students will be able to define key concepts and theoretical underpinnings of various approaches to psychotherapy including existential, Gestalt, person-centered, cognitive behavioral, and solution focused brief therapy.
3. Students will be able to analyze the relative strengths and weakness of each approach to psychotherapy and will be able to identify potential benefits and limitations to each approach.
Preparation Instructions :
1. Compose papers using Microsoft Word.
2. The paper should be formatted and typed using Times New Roman, 12-point font, double-spaced, and one-inch margins (no exceptions).
3. Papers must be 2-3 pages in length and MUST follow APA format. (Points will be deducted for failure to adhere to APA guidelines.)
4. Each paper must reference a minimum of 1 source (published books, textbook, or peer reviewed journal articles).
5. You will be allowed to reference a credible website.
Content Instructions: Follow the instructions for each week’s paper requirements:
1. Week 1 – Ethics
a. What are some of the ethical tasks necessary with establishing a new therapeutic relationship?
b. What information goes into an informed consent? What are the limitations of confidentiality?
c. Define a dual relationship. How might a dual relationship cause damage?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.