Required Reading: How It Feels To Be Colored Me- Zora Neale Hurston
Choose 4 of the following poems to read:
“#sayhername”- A. Monet
“Black Joy”- A. Monet
“The Ghost of Women Once Girls”- A. Monet
“A Brief History of the Present”- M. Parker
“The Gospel According to Her”- M. Parker
“Great America”- M. Parker
“I Feel Most Colored When…”- M. Parker
“Dear White America”- D. Smith
“ My Nig”- D. Smith
“ My President”- D. Smith
“ Say It With Your Whole Black Mouth”- D. Smith
“You’re Dead, America” D. Smith
Compose a response post that responds to the poems that you chose as well as thinks through the following questions:
– What is citizenship and how are the poems troubling what it means to be a citizen for the Black community?
– How are the poems juxtaposing life and death, trauma, and joy?
– What message are the poems sending to America? Why are these messages important?
– How are the poems engaging with the identity of Blackness as both individual and collective concepts?
– According to the poems, what do freedom, justice, and equality look like in the Black community in the 21st century?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.