Search for Self
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Book essay Assignment | Essay Help Services
Just from $13/Page
Identity is a common theme throughout The Perks of Being a Wallflower, A Separate Peace, The Namesake, Frankenstein, and Hamlet. Based on your reading, what are the commonelements of identity that you’ve noticed between the texts? How do they inform the characters and their actions?
You will be graded with the same rubric we’ve been using all year. Here are a few tips about each category in regard to this essay specifically.
MEANING: (4 points)
- Your thesis should NOT be “All of these characters have unique identities.” Think about the different elements that make a person who they are (religion, culture, race, gender, education, wealth, etc). Let’s take religion for example. Does it one character in a different way than it affect another? That could be a good paragraph. A good way to start your thesis could be with:
“While (some characters) ________________, others ______________________.
“Even though ______________”
- Really try to push yourself and think critically.
ORGANIZATION: (6 points)
- How you organize your thoughts is really going to depend on your thesis. I recommend identifying the three elements you want to explore and speak to multiple books in the same paragraph.
- Embed your quotes actively please, if you can. For the novels, it’s (author page number); for Shakespeare it’s (Shakespeare Act.Scene.Line).
DEVELOPMENT (6 points)
- Every time you use evidence, remember to explain it. Constantly be connecting back your thesis statement.
- One piece of evidence is never going to be enough. Flesh out your points!
MECHANICS/LANGUAGE: (4 points)
- Proofread multiple times, over several days. Remember how we practiced doing this, looking for only one thing each time.
- Give your paper a title, centered
- Times New Roman, 12, double spaced
- Heading is name, class period, date
- Book titles underlined or in italics
- Present tense verbs
Total: 20 points
- Style: MLA
- Number of pages: 3 pages/double spaced (825 words)
- Number of source/references: 3