There needs to be 5 sources 2 being primary. 3 full pages long, double spaced, AND an additional bibliography page so 4 pages total.
Civil War: Why did Lincoln issue the Emancipation Proclamation? How did it influence the decision of European nations not to recognize the Confederacy?
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
African American soldiers in the Civil War: How did they contribute?
Just from $13/Page
- Women in the Civil War: How did they contribute?
- African American soldiers in the Civil War: How did they contribute? What kind of discrimination did they face in the Union army?
- Abraham Lincoln’s assassination: What did Booth and his co-conspirators hope to achieve? How did Lincoln’s assassination impact the reconstruction of the nation after the Civil War? *Was Mary Surratt actually a part of the conspiracy?
- African Americans after the Civil War: How were they affected by Reconstruction policies? How were they affected after the return of white supremacy? Discuss social, legal, and economic factors.
- New York draft riots during the Civil War: What were the causes? What were the effects?
- Transcontinental railroad: What was its impact on westward expansion?
- Legend vs. reality in the West: Focus on myths and realities surrounding a particular figure (e.g.: Buffalo Bill, Wyatt Earp, George Custer, etc.)
- Native American conflicts in the West: Specify tribe(s) and conflict. (e.g.: The Battle of the Little Bighorn, Wounded Knee Massacre, etc.); What were the causes and effects?
- United States and Native American policy: What was the impact of the Dawes Act and/or other pieces of legislation? What was the impact of the reservation policy?
- Electric power and related inventors: Analyze the impact of the harnessing of electric power and/or discuss the competition among the inventors who played a role (e.g.: Edison, Tesla, Westinghouse)
- Inventors/inventions of the 19th Century: Choose a significant inventor or invention and examine the challenges of developing the item or the impact of the invention on the American society/economy.
- Wealthy industrialists in the late 1800s: “Robber Barons”, “Philanthropists” or “Captains of Industry”?
- The Gilded Age: Discuss the origin of the term and why it is an appropriate metaphor for the United States in the late 1800s.
- Labor unions in the 1800s: What economic, social, and philosophical factors contributed to their formation?
- Labor conflicts/strikes in the late 1800s: What was the federal government’s attitude toward organized labor, and how and when did it change?
- Haymarket Riot: What were the causes and effects?
- Pullman Strike: What were the causes and effects?
- Immigration in the late 1800s: What were the difficulties faced by immigrants, and how did they adjust to life in America?
- Immigration in the late 1800s: Discuss the “melting pot” vs. “salad bowl” metaphors.
- Chinese immigrants: Why did they come to the U.S.? What discrimination did they face? (Chinese Exclusion Act)
- The Great Chicago Fire of 1871: Why was it so severe? What was the impact on the city (especially architecture)?
- Urban political machines in the late 1800s: What were the reasons for their development? Why were they successful? What is their legacy?
- The political cartoons of Thomas Nast: What was their influence on public opinion? How did they contribute to the downfall of Boss Tweed?
- Settlement house movement of the late 1800s: What prompted the development of the movement? What was its impact on urban neighborhoods? Specify area (e.g.: Chicago’s Hull House)
- Child labor in the late 1800s/ early 1900s: What was the impact on society? How were reforms made?
- Galveston hurricane of 1900: What were the effects on the city? How did city government change after the hurricane?
- The San Francisco earthquake and fire of 1906: What were the effects on the city, especially on the Chinese residents?
- Muckrakers: What was the impact of this journalism on progressive reforms?
- The Springfield Race Riot of 1908: What were the causes and/or effects?
- Imperialism in the late 19thand early 20th Century: Was it justified? (Focus on one region.)
- Yellow journalism: What was its role in causing the Spanish-American War? (Hearst and Pulitzer)
- Spanish-American War: What were the causes and/or effects?
34.The automobile: What was its impact on America’s economy and society?